- Göttingen is a young, dynamic city open to the world, with a population of about 120,000. Students from many countries live and learn together here.
- Göttingen is a university city with a long tradition of education. The university was established in the year 1737.
- With its diverse cultural scene and its numerous pubs and bars, Göttingen offers many possibilities for leisure activities.
- Thanks to its central location in Germany, Göttingen is an ideal starting point for trips to the surrounding region as well as to Berlin, Hamburg or Frankfurt.
- Göttingen is particularly suitable as a place to learn German: the language the local population speaks is very close to “Hochdeutsch”, i.e. standard German.
A few links: